Chelsea have announced that they have completed the signing for Southampton star Romeo Lavia.
He has signed a seven-contract at Stamford Bridge, keeping him at the club until 2030.
The 19-year-old also confirmed his £58 million move to West London as he sent a farewell message to the Saints’ fans on his social media account.
We could see him in action in Sunday’s Premier League clash at West Ham United, which is available to watch via Chelsea live streams.
In his farewell message on Instagram, the midfielder thanked all the Saints’ supporters for their love during his time in Hampshire.
He said: ‘To Saints Fans. As I say goodbye, I want to say a big thank you for everything you have given me during my time here. ‘I’ve instantly felt the love from you all despite us not achieving our shared goals.
‘I’ll never forget the belief the club and Saints all around the world showed me and I hope I was able to repay the faith you put in me.
‘I would especially like to thank all my teammates and all staff members within the club involved closely or not for putting your arms around me since the day I walked through the Staplewood Campus and for all the daily work and help behind the scenes making me become a better person, athlete and football player.
‘You have all played a massive part into making my integration into real professional football easier. I will be forever grateful to you. For those reasons, this club will always remain close to my heart.
‘Good luck this season and I look forward to seeing the club marching back to the Premier League where it belongs very soon! Thank you Saints. Roméo.’
Lavia joined Southampton last summer from Manchester City in a reported £10.5m deal.
He hit the ground running at St. Mary’s Stadium, posting 29 Premier League appearances and registering a goal.
But the 19-year-old couldn’t help his side from suffering relegation to the Championship.
The Belgian looked to be heading to Liverpool after they agreed a £60m fee with Southampton.
But the defensive midfielder preferred joining Chelsea to play under Mauricio Pochettino rather than going to the Merseyside outfit.
The Reds also missed out on Moises Caicedo to the Londoners despite agreeing a £110m deal with Brighton & Hove Albion.
However, they have now turned their attention to Wataru Endo and are on the verge of wrapping up a deal for the Japan international.
Jurgen Klopp’s side are also pursuing Fiorentina star Sofyan Ambrabat and Bayern Munich’s Ryan Gravenberch.
Latest Chelsea News
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea confirm Romeo Lavia signing from Southampton
- Chelsea 2023/24: Can the Blues make a flying start to the Premier League season?
- Chelsea must seal blockbuster deals as Pochettino wants Brighton duo
- Chelsea in July: Four pre-season friendlies as Pochettino looks to make a huge comeback next term
- Chelsea’s search for a striker continues this summer
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea in Manchester – Can Lampard get any points from the next two games?
- Chelsea in May: Blues have five games to avoid the unthinkable
- Preview: Real Madrid vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups