A selection of Chelsea fans on Twitter were delighted with the performance of Kai Havertz during yesterday’s Premier League game against Everton.
The Blues previously suffered three defeats from the last four games against the Toffees, but they had a comfortable evening at Stamford Bridge.
The west London giants managed nine shots on target compared to the Toffees’ one and ended up with a convincing 2-0 win to maintain the fourth position in the table.
Havertz was the standout performer in the attack as he was hugely influential towards both goals scored by Thomas Tuchel’s side.
The club took the lead through a Ben Godfrey own goal in the 31st minute, and that was created by Havertz’s mistimed shot into the Englishman’s path.
The German found the back of the net for the Blues in the 53rd minute, but his goal was cancelled out by VAR due to an unfortunate handball.
He continued to impress with his movement in the final third and eventually won his team a penalty in the 64th minute, which was converted by Jorginho.
Havertz made two key scoring contributions against the Toffees, and some of the Blues’ faithful were clearly delighted with his impact.
Here are some of the fan reactions on Twitter.
— Frank Khalid (@FrankKhalidUK) March 8, 2021
Kai Havertz was outstanding tonight and rightfully MOTM, Everton are a very hard side to play against and he performed in that False 9 role, runs and link up play worked a treat, Tuchel is a superb manager and I’m loving everything he’s doing, 11 games unbeaten now 🔵 pic.twitter.com/WYLAdQpYVd
— Pys (@CFCPys) March 8, 2021
Everyone who backed and supported Kai Havertz during his first few months at Chelsea knew we would see the real baller.
We knew… 👊🏻💙 pic.twitter.com/hLkduk9nin
— FutbolChelsea (@FutbolCheIsea) March 8, 2021
Havertz controlled the game and made the difference, didn’t score, didn’t get an ‘official assist’
— CFCDaily (@CFCDaily) March 8, 2021
This performance from Kai Havertz has been incredible. We’re seeing a glimpse of the future.
— Dubois (@CFCDUBois) March 8, 2021
Havertz has struggled since his switch to the English top-flight, but he probably produced his best performance in the Blues shirt yesterday.
He played in the false number nine role against the Toffees, impressing with his distribution and misplacing just two passes.
The 21-year-old will be aiming to put in another top display against Leeds United this weekend to cement his starting spot under Tuchel.
The victory moved the Blues to 50 points from 28 matches. They are two points ahead of fifth-placed West Ham United, but their London rivals have a game in hand.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Thomas Tuchel names Matthijs de Ligt his top defensive target
- Chelsea’s Road To FA Cup Final – Can Thomas Tuchel end Liverpool’s quadruple bid?
- Chelsea Week Recap: From Pyrrhic Champions League win to FA Cup semi-final & Transfer updates
- Chelsea Transfer News: Defenders out, Hazard back, Werner-Gnabry swap?
- Chelsea April 2022 Preview: four London derbies awaiting Thomas Tuchel’s side
- Thomas Tuchel Rules Chelsea Out of Premier League Title Race
- Did Chelsea Make Mistake By Sitting Out January Transfer Window?
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Thomas Tuchel heaps praise on improving Saul Niguez