A section of Chelsea fans have expressed their delight after drawing Porto in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
The Blues booked their spot in the last eight of the competition after a 3-0 aggregate triumph over La Liga leaders Atletico Madrid.
The west London outfit have now been drawn alongside Porto for the double-legged quarter-final tie, which has pleased some of the club’s faithful.
Porto managed to shock Juventus on away goals (4-4 on aggregate) in the previous round, but they were still the weakest opponents in the draw.
Here are some reactions from Blues fans on Twitter.
Couldn’t ask for a better draw. Let’s Go @ChelseaFC
— william donahue (@Bill_J_Donahue) March 19, 2021
What a draw! Couldn’t ask for anything more
— AD (@AD_76001) March 19, 2021
Wow good draw for the blues 💙💙
— @Bimvic_ace (@victor_abosede) March 19, 2021
We are winning it all
— Raf (@CFC_Raf) March 19, 2021
Lets teach Juve how its done
Semis here we come👍💯💙 pic.twitter.com/iuhLoUfu37
— The Blue Zidane (@smallpoleszidan) March 19, 2021
The Blues have met Porto on eight occasions in their Champions League history, and they have been the dominant side with five wins (one draw and two defeats).
The club have been exceptional at the back since Thomas Tuchel took charge as manager in January, registering 11 clean sheets from 13 games.
They are fancied to make it to the final four of the elite competition where they will come up against either Real Madrid or Liverpool.
Both teams have not been at their vintage best this term, and the Blues have a good chance of making it to their first Champions League final since 2012.
Chelsea travel to Porto for the quarter-final first leg on April 6 before the return fixture at Stamford Bridge one week later.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Worldfootball.net
Latest Chelsea News
- Personal terms agree with Haaland, fee next
- Tuchel, Silva, and Giroud all given extensions
- Inter Milan unwilling to meet Emerson price tag
- Thomas Tuchel provides an update on Mendy injury
- Why Chelsea should be targeting Jadon Sancho this summer
- AC Milan set to rival West Ham for £40m-rated Chelsea outcast
- Chelsea could pay club-record fee to re-sign Romelu Lukaku
- Andreas Christensen speaks about his Chelsea future
- Watford keen on signing Chelsea striker Ike Ugbo
- Chelsea fans heap praise on N’Golo Kante after superb display vs Real Madrid