A section of Chelsea fans on Twitter have heaped praise on Callum Hudson-Odoi following a solid display in the 2-0 Premier League win over Burnley.
The 20-year-old struggled for regular starts under former boss Frank Lampard, but that has not been the case since Thomas Tuchel took over at the helm.
The England international has started in an unfamiliar right wing-back position in his last two games, but has managed to make the most of those opportunities.
Against Burnley, Hudson-Odoi was in fine form and he provided the assist for Cesar Azpilicueta, who opened the scoring before the half-time interval.
He continued to impress in the second period and was unlucky to not find the back of the net as his effort deflected off the woodwork.
Hudson-Odoi ended the game with four key passes which was the joint-highest in the game alongside Blues midfielder Jorginho.
His performance has definitely pleased some of the club’s faithful and here are a few reactions on Twitter following the much-needed win.
Excellent today again, Cal! 👊💙
— Absolute Chelsea (@AbsoluteChelsea) January 31, 2021
Best in the world my winger💙
— Aaron Gee (@Legendman1234) January 31, 2021
Going right to the very top💙
— Dubois (@CFCDUBois) January 31, 2021
Callum Hudson-Odoi is clear, currently our best player.
— yimzy🃏 (@oyimzy) January 31, 2021
Hudson-Odoi generally prefers to play on the left-wing, but he is also effective from the opposite flank. However, no one may have predicted that he would be the first choice at right wing-back with the presence of Reece James in the squad.
James is definitely better when it comes to the distribution into the box, but Tuchel has gone with Hudson-Odoi and the 20-year-old has grabbed the chance with both hands. He should be fancied to keep his place for the midweek derby against Tottenham Hotspur.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Comeback Continues – How Chelsea Can Overcome Rampant Newcastle
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea confirm Romeo Lavia signing from Southampton
- Chelsea 2023/24: Can the Blues make a flying start to the Premier League season?
- Chelsea must seal blockbuster deals as Pochettino wants Brighton duo
- Chelsea in July: Four pre-season friendlies as Pochettino looks to make a huge comeback next term
- Chelsea’s search for a striker continues this summer
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea in Manchester – Can Lampard get any points from the next two games?