The 2022-23 campaign was a massive disappointment for Chelsea as they finished outside the top ten in the Premier League.
That was absolutely appalling considering the fact that they spend over $600 million on new recruits since Todd Boehly became their new owner.
The Blues made an indifferent start to the new season under manager Thomas Tuchel and the hierarchy quickly reacted by replacing the German with Graham Potter.
However, that decision proved to be a huge failure as Potter couldn’t revive the fortunes of the club despite being given plenty of time.
The English boss was ultimately sacked in April, with his team languishing in 11th position at that time.
If Chelsea fans expected improvement under interim boss Frank Lampard, they were all sorely disappointed.
In the end, they had to settle for a 12th-placed finish, which is their first bottom-half finish since the 1995/96 campaign.
Mauricio Pochettino has now been handed the reins at Stamford Bridge as they aim to make a turnaround next term.
They have got rid of many of their unwanted players in the English summer transfer window, and have also added the likes of Christopher Nkunku and Nicolas Jackson.
Pochettino’s squad will jet off to the United States this July to begin their pre-season fixtures.
They will play their first friendly with Wrexham at the Kenan Stadium in North Carolina.
The Blues will subsequently face Brighton & Hove Albion at the Lincoln Financial Field on July 22 before taking on Newcastle United at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium on July 26.
A friendly with Fulham follows in Maryland before Chelsea come up against Borussia Dortmund at Soldier Field on August 2.
- July 19: Chelsea vs Wrexham – Kenan Stadium, North Carolina
- July 22: Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion – Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia
- July 26: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta
- July 30: Chelsea vs Fulham – FedExField, Maryland
- August 2: Chelsea vs Borussia Dortmund – Soldier Field, Chicago
Latest Chelsea News
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea confirm Romeo Lavia signing from Southampton
- Chelsea 2023/24: Can the Blues make a flying start to the Premier League season?
- Chelsea must seal blockbuster deals as Pochettino wants Brighton duo
- Chelsea in July: Four pre-season friendlies as Pochettino looks to make a huge comeback next term
- Chelsea’s search for a striker continues this summer
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea in Manchester – Can Lampard get any points from the next two games?
- Chelsea in May: Blues have five games to avoid the unthinkable
- Preview: Real Madrid vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups