Yesterday, the Champions League draw and UEFA awards took place in Istanbul. It was quite an eventful night for Chelsea.
The Blues were drawn into Group H along with Juventus, Malmö, and Zenit St. Petersburg. Quite a favorable draw as the Blues look to repeat as UCL champions.
Edouard Mendy won the UEFA Goalkeeper of the Year award. Ruben Dias winning UEFA Defender of the Year, with Cesar Azpilicueta and Antonio Rudiger coming second and third, respectively. N’Golo Kanté won UEFA Midfielder of the Year. Erling Haaland won UEFA Attacker of the year. Thomas Tuchel won UEFA Coach of the Year. Jorginho became the very first Chelsea player to win UEFA Player of the Year.
An amazing night for the Blues as they have won four out of the possible six awards.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea grab three points in group stage game against Zenit
- Chelsea sign Saul minutes before the transfer deadline
- Chelsea nearly sweeps UEFA awards
- Lukaku scores in second Chelsea debut
- Chelsea win the Super Cup
- Chelsea rejects several loan approaches for Broja
- West Ham in talks with Chelsea for Ross Barkley
- Guehi nears a permanent move to Crystal Palace
- Chelsea players return for pre-season training
- Bakayoko is likely to permanently join AC Milan