Yesterday, the Champions League draw and UEFA awards took place in Istanbul. It was quite an eventful night for Chelsea.
The Blues were drawn into Group H along with Juventus, Malmö, and Zenit St. Petersburg. Quite a favorable draw as the Blues look to repeat as UCL champions.
Edouard Mendy won the UEFA Goalkeeper of the Year award. Ruben Dias winning UEFA Defender of the Year, with Cesar Azpilicueta and Antonio Rudiger coming second and third, respectively. N’Golo Kanté won UEFA Midfielder of the Year. Erling Haaland won UEFA Attacker of the year. Thomas Tuchel won UEFA Coach of the Year. Jorginho became the very first Chelsea player to win UEFA Player of the Year.
An amazing night for the Blues as they have won four out of the possible six awards.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Thomas Tuchel names Matthijs de Ligt his top defensive target
- Chelsea’s Road To FA Cup Final – Can Thomas Tuchel end Liverpool’s quadruple bid?
- Chelsea Week Recap: From Pyrrhic Champions League win to FA Cup semi-final & Transfer updates
- Chelsea Transfer News: Defenders out, Hazard back, Werner-Gnabry swap?
- Chelsea April 2022 Preview: four London derbies awaiting Thomas Tuchel’s side
- Thomas Tuchel Rules Chelsea Out of Premier League Title Race
- Did Chelsea Make Mistake By Sitting Out January Transfer Window?
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Thomas Tuchel heaps praise on improving Saul Niguez