Yesterday, the Champions League draw and UEFA awards took place in Istanbul. It was quite an eventful night for Chelsea.
The Blues were drawn into Group H along with Juventus, Malmö, and Zenit St. Petersburg. Quite a favorable draw as the Blues look to repeat as UCL champions.
Edouard Mendy won the UEFA Goalkeeper of the Year award. Ruben Dias winning UEFA Defender of the Year, with Cesar Azpilicueta and Antonio Rudiger coming second and third, respectively. N’Golo Kanté won UEFA Midfielder of the Year. Erling Haaland won UEFA Attacker of the year. Thomas Tuchel won UEFA Coach of the Year. Jorginho became the very first Chelsea player to win UEFA Player of the Year.
An amazing night for the Blues as they have won four out of the possible six awards.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Comeback Continues – How Chelsea Can Overcome Rampant Newcastle
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea confirm Romeo Lavia signing from Southampton
- Chelsea 2023/24: Can the Blues make a flying start to the Premier League season?
- Chelsea must seal blockbuster deals as Pochettino wants Brighton duo
- Chelsea in July: Four pre-season friendlies as Pochettino looks to make a huge comeback next term
- Chelsea’s search for a striker continues this summer
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea in Manchester – Can Lampard get any points from the next two games?