Chelsea complete the signing of Saul just minutes before the summer transfer window deadline. The deal is a one year loan with a loan fee of five million euros and an option to buy for 40 million euros.
This deal was connected with Antoine Griezmann’s return to Atletico Madrid and Luuk de Jong’s move to Barcelona. Each transfer relied on each other.
The signing of Saul provides more depth to an already talented midfield. With the addition of a fourth midfielder, Thomas Tuchel can rotate on a game by game basis.
The Blues preferred the signing of Saul over Jules Kounde as the midfielder fills a hole in this squad. However, Chelsea’s interest in Kounde is still there as a potential January transfer is possible.
Chelsea was able to do some very good business this summer with adding Romelu Lukaku and Saul to the squad.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea vs Red Bull Salzburg Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea v Arsenal Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How To Stream
- Chelsea’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Thomas Tuchel names Matthijs de Ligt his top defensive target
- Chelsea’s Road To FA Cup Final – Can Thomas Tuchel end Liverpool’s quadruple bid?
- Chelsea Week Recap: From Pyrrhic Champions League win to FA Cup semi-final & Transfer updates
- Chelsea Transfer News: Defenders out, Hazard back, Werner-Gnabry swap?
- Chelsea April 2022 Preview: four London derbies awaiting Thomas Tuchel’s side
- Thomas Tuchel Rules Chelsea Out of Premier League Title Race
- Did Chelsea Make Mistake By Sitting Out January Transfer Window?