Chelsea complete the signing of Saul just minutes before the summer transfer window deadline. The deal is a one year loan with a loan fee of five million euros and an option to buy for 40 million euros.
This deal was connected with Antoine Griezmann’s return to Atletico Madrid and Luuk de Jong’s move to Barcelona. Each transfer relied on each other.
The signing of Saul provides more depth to an already talented midfield. With the addition of a fourth midfielder, Thomas Tuchel can rotate on a game by game basis.
The Blues preferred the signing of Saul over Jules Kounde as the midfielder fills a hole in this squad. However, Chelsea’s interest in Kounde is still there as a potential January transfer is possible.
Chelsea was able to do some very good business this summer with adding Romelu Lukaku and Saul to the squad.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Comeback Continues – How Chelsea Can Overcome Rampant Newcastle
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea confirm Romeo Lavia signing from Southampton
- Chelsea 2023/24: Can the Blues make a flying start to the Premier League season?
- Chelsea must seal blockbuster deals as Pochettino wants Brighton duo
- Chelsea in July: Four pre-season friendlies as Pochettino looks to make a huge comeback next term
- Chelsea’s search for a striker continues this summer
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea in Manchester – Can Lampard get any points from the next two games?