Chelsea complete the signing of Saul just minutes before the summer transfer window deadline. The deal is a one year loan with a loan fee of five million euros and an option to buy for 40 million euros.
This deal was connected with Antoine Griezmann’s return to Atletico Madrid and Luuk de Jong’s move to Barcelona. Each transfer relied on each other.
The signing of Saul provides more depth to an already talented midfield. With the addition of a fourth midfielder, Thomas Tuchel can rotate on a game by game basis.
The Blues preferred the signing of Saul over Jules Kounde as the midfielder fills a hole in this squad. However, Chelsea’s interest in Kounde is still there as a potential January transfer is possible.
Chelsea was able to do some very good business this summer with adding Romelu Lukaku and Saul to the squad.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea grab three points in group stage game against Zenit
- Chelsea sign Saul minutes before the transfer deadline
- Chelsea nearly sweeps UEFA awards
- Lukaku scores in second Chelsea debut
- Chelsea win the Super Cup
- Chelsea rejects several loan approaches for Broja
- West Ham in talks with Chelsea for Ross Barkley
- Guehi nears a permanent move to Crystal Palace
- Chelsea players return for pre-season training
- Bakayoko is likely to permanently join AC Milan