Chelsea will play two friendly matches against Arsenal and Tottenham at the beginning of August. It will be good preparation for the Blues prior to their UEFA Super Cup fixture against Villarreal.
Chelsea will face off against Arsenal at the Emirates on the first of August with a 3 PM kickoff UK time. The Blues will then play the Spurs at Stamford Bridge on the 4th of August with a 7:45 PM kickoff UK time.
Thomas Tuchel had some words about playing pre-season matches against Arsenal and Tottenham. He said, “I am pleased that my first pre-season with Chelsea contains such high-level fixtures against such top-quality opponents. Hopefully there can be plenty of fans in the stadiums. Derby matches against Arsenal and Tottenham cannot fail to have a competitive edge, which is what the team needs as we prepare for the season. Knowing the games will benefit charities as important as Mind and our own Foundation adds much value to the series.”
The Blues will be looking to start off the season strong once players are well rested and return from participating in Euro 2020 or Copa America.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Thomas Tuchel names Matthijs de Ligt his top defensive target
- Chelsea’s Road To FA Cup Final – Can Thomas Tuchel end Liverpool’s quadruple bid?
- Chelsea Week Recap: From Pyrrhic Champions League win to FA Cup semi-final & Transfer updates
- Chelsea Transfer News: Defenders out, Hazard back, Werner-Gnabry swap?
- Chelsea April 2022 Preview: four London derbies awaiting Thomas Tuchel’s side
- Thomas Tuchel Rules Chelsea Out of Premier League Title Race
- Did Chelsea Make Mistake By Sitting Out January Transfer Window?
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Thomas Tuchel heaps praise on improving Saul Niguez