Chelsea will play two friendly matches against Arsenal and Tottenham at the beginning of August. It will be good preparation for the Blues prior to their UEFA Super Cup fixture against Villarreal.
Chelsea will face off against Arsenal at the Emirates on the first of August with a 3 PM kickoff UK time. The Blues will then play the Spurs at Stamford Bridge on the 4th of August with a 7:45 PM kickoff UK time.
Thomas Tuchel had some words about playing pre-season matches against Arsenal and Tottenham. He said, “I am pleased that my first pre-season with Chelsea contains such high-level fixtures against such top-quality opponents. Hopefully there can be plenty of fans in the stadiums. Derby matches against Arsenal and Tottenham cannot fail to have a competitive edge, which is what the team needs as we prepare for the season. Knowing the games will benefit charities as important as Mind and our own Foundation adds much value to the series.”
The Blues will be looking to start off the season strong once players are well rested and return from participating in Euro 2020 or Copa America.
Latest Chelsea News
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Thomas Tuchel heaps praise on improving Saul Niguez
- Antonio Rudiger’s career at crossroads – Chelsea ready to fight Real Madrid to retain their star defender
- Chelsea’s January Fixtures Schedule
- Chelsea vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Chelsea beats Aston Villa in penalties and advances to EFL Cup 4th round
- Chelsea grab three points in group stage game against Zenit
- Chelsea sign Saul minutes before the transfer deadline
- Chelsea nearly sweeps UEFA awards
- Lukaku scores in second Chelsea debut