Chelsea will play two friendly matches against Arsenal and Tottenham at the beginning of August. It will be good preparation for the Blues prior to their UEFA Super Cup fixture against Villarreal.
Chelsea will face off against Arsenal at the Emirates on the first of August with a 3 PM kickoff UK time. The Blues will then play the Spurs at Stamford Bridge on the 4th of August with a 7:45 PM kickoff UK time.
Thomas Tuchel had some words about playing pre-season matches against Arsenal and Tottenham. He said, “I am pleased that my first pre-season with Chelsea contains such high-level fixtures against such top-quality opponents. Hopefully there can be plenty of fans in the stadiums. Derby matches against Arsenal and Tottenham cannot fail to have a competitive edge, which is what the team needs as we prepare for the season. Knowing the games will benefit charities as important as Mind and our own Foundation adds much value to the series.”
The Blues will be looking to start off the season strong once players are well rested and return from participating in Euro 2020 or Copa America.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Comeback Continues – How Chelsea Can Overcome Rampant Newcastle
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea confirm Romeo Lavia signing from Southampton
- Chelsea 2023/24: Can the Blues make a flying start to the Premier League season?
- Chelsea must seal blockbuster deals as Pochettino wants Brighton duo
- Chelsea in July: Four pre-season friendlies as Pochettino looks to make a huge comeback next term
- Chelsea’s search for a striker continues this summer
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea in Manchester – Can Lampard get any points from the next two games?