According to the latest reports, Chelsea have agreed to a deal with Crystal Palace for Blues youngster, Marc Guehi. The academy player will sign a five year deal and is expected to have a medical today.
This transfer comes as a surprise since it was behind the scenes. After this past season, some expected to break into the Chelsea first team after a superb loan spell at Swansea.
The fee for the defender is said to be near £20 million. The Blues will have a sell-on clause and matching rights for a future move.
This move allows Chelsea’s transfer budget to expand even further. This transfer could be the first of many more to come this summer, both buying and selling.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea grab three points in group stage game against Zenit
- Chelsea sign Saul minutes before the transfer deadline
- Chelsea nearly sweeps UEFA awards
- Lukaku scores in second Chelsea debut
- Chelsea win the Super Cup
- Chelsea rejects several loan approaches for Broja
- West Ham in talks with Chelsea for Ross Barkley
- Guehi nears a permanent move to Crystal Palace
- Chelsea players return for pre-season training
- Bakayoko is likely to permanently join AC Milan