Chelsea beat Arsenal in a 2-0 victory at the Emirates. Romelu Lukaku and Reece James were the goal scorers and were assisted by Reece James and Mason Mount, respectively.
The Blues performance was very strong overall. Each time they retained the ball, everyone moved quickly towards the Arsenal goal. It gave Chelsea an attacking advantage by outnumbering the Arsenal players in front of them.
Reece James was able to have the best game of his career with the Gunners leaving so much open space on the right side. Romelu Lukaku was doing what he does best, using his strength to his advantage. Pablo Mari was overpowered every single time.
A win for the blues gives them three more points and takes them to the top of the table. A loss for Arsenal has dropped them down to 19th. Only five days remain before Chelsea faces off against Liverpool at Anfield.
After a performance like this, it will be scary once Chelsea play their strongest team that includes Thiago Silva, N’Golo Kanté, and possibly Timo Werner or Hakim Ziyech.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea vs Red Bull Salzburg Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea v Arsenal Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How To Stream
- Chelsea’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Thomas Tuchel names Matthijs de Ligt his top defensive target
- Chelsea’s Road To FA Cup Final – Can Thomas Tuchel end Liverpool’s quadruple bid?
- Chelsea Week Recap: From Pyrrhic Champions League win to FA Cup semi-final & Transfer updates
- Chelsea Transfer News: Defenders out, Hazard back, Werner-Gnabry swap?
- Chelsea April 2022 Preview: four London derbies awaiting Thomas Tuchel’s side
- Thomas Tuchel Rules Chelsea Out of Premier League Title Race
- Did Chelsea Make Mistake By Sitting Out January Transfer Window?