Chelsea have entrusted Marina Granovskaia with the task of bringing highly sought-after Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland to Stamford Bridge.
As reported by Football.London, the Blues are keen on strengthening their attacking department with one of the hottest prospects in European football.
Chelsea have proved they are not immune to charming Bundesliga up-and-comers.
Only last summer, they secured a couple of high-profile signings from Germany, splashing out £110million to capture Kai Havertz and Timo Werner from Bayer Leverkusen and RB Leipzig, respectively.
With Thomas Tuchel now at the helm, the Londoners are expected to continue to keep close tabs on developments in the Bundesliga.
The former Borussia Dortmund and Paris Saint-Germain manager is scouring the market for potential attacking reinforcements.
Tammy Abraham should move on in the summer after tumbling down the pecking order, while Werner failed to live up to expectations.
Haaland is one of the most in-demand young players in Europe, with almost every top club showing interest in acquiring his services.
The Norwegian’s agent Mino Raiola has already laid the groundwork for the 20-year-old’s big-money move in the summer.
Although Raiola and Chelsea share a tense relationship, the Londoners are ready to negotiate Haaland’s transfer with the super-agent.
Granovskaia should repair the fractioned relationship between the parties and pull off one of the most prominent pieces of business in European football this summer.
Yet, even if they manage to convince Raiola to facilitate Haaland’s move to Stamford Bridge, Chelsea will have to shatter the club’s transfer record to get the deal over the line.
Valued by Dortmund at around £154million, the former RB Salzburg forward could become the most expensive player in the Premier League history.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Chelsea Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Chelsea Stars Who Loved Playing Poker
- Chelsea vs Wolverhampton Wanderers Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea vs Red Bull Salzburg Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea v Arsenal Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How To Stream
- Chelsea’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Thomas Tuchel names Matthijs de Ligt his top defensive target
- Chelsea’s Road To FA Cup Final – Can Thomas Tuchel end Liverpool’s quadruple bid?
- Chelsea Week Recap: From Pyrrhic Champions League win to FA Cup semi-final & Transfer updates