Chelsea played their final Premier League game of the season yesterday ending with a 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa. When Bertrand Traoré scored Aston Villa’s first goal, Edouard Mendy injured his rib in an attempt to make the save.
With the Champions League final less than a week away, there is some concern as to whether Mendy will be fit to start or not. Earlier today, Thomas Tuchel provided an update on Mendy’s injury during a press conference.
This should provide some optimism to Blues fans as they all know how crucial Mendy has been to this squad. Many would consider him to be a large reason why Chelsea are in this position.
Latest Chelsea News
- Personal terms agree with Haaland, fee next
- Tuchel, Silva, and Giroud all given extensions
- Inter Milan unwilling to meet Emerson price tag
- Thomas Tuchel provides an update on Mendy injury
- Why Chelsea should be targeting Jadon Sancho this summer
- AC Milan set to rival West Ham for £40m-rated Chelsea outcast
- Chelsea could pay club-record fee to re-sign Romelu Lukaku
- Andreas Christensen speaks about his Chelsea future
- Watford keen on signing Chelsea striker Ike Ugbo
- Chelsea fans heap praise on N’Golo Kante after superb display vs Real Madrid