Chelsea played their final Premier League game of the season yesterday ending with a 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa. When Bertrand Traoré scored Aston Villa’s first goal, Edouard Mendy injured his rib in an attempt to make the save.
With the Champions League final less than a week away, there is some concern as to whether Mendy will be fit to start or not. Earlier today, Thomas Tuchel provided an update on Mendy’s injury during a press conference.
This should provide some optimism to Blues fans as they all know how crucial Mendy has been to this squad. Many would consider him to be a large reason why Chelsea are in this position.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Comeback Continues – How Chelsea Can Overcome Rampant Newcastle
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea confirm Romeo Lavia signing from Southampton
- Chelsea 2023/24: Can the Blues make a flying start to the Premier League season?
- Chelsea must seal blockbuster deals as Pochettino wants Brighton duo
- Chelsea in July: Four pre-season friendlies as Pochettino looks to make a huge comeback next term
- Chelsea’s search for a striker continues this summer
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Chelsea in Manchester – Can Lampard get any points from the next two games?