Chelsea played their final Premier League game of the season yesterday ending with a 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa. When Bertrand Traoré scored Aston Villa’s first goal, Edouard Mendy injured his rib in an attempt to make the save.
With the Champions League final less than a week away, there is some concern as to whether Mendy will be fit to start or not. Earlier today, Thomas Tuchel provided an update on Mendy’s injury during a press conference.
Tuchel said, “We still have hope that he joins training in Wednesday. There has been huge improvement in the management of pain.” Tuchel also added, “The images (scan) show it’s not serious.”
This should provide some optimism to Blues fans as they all know how crucial Mendy has been to this squad. Many would consider him to be a large reason why Chelsea are in this position.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea owner plotting to raid Barcelona for Frenkie de Jong in the summer
- Chelsea confirm Thiago Silva suffered knee ligament damage during Tottenham game
- Chelsea vs Southampton Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Chelsea could return with another offer for Benfica’s Enzo Fernandez
- Chelsea in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Chelsea Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Chelsea Stars Who Loved Playing Poker
- Chelsea vs Wolverhampton Wanderers Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea vs Red Bull Salzburg Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea v Arsenal Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How To Stream