Chelsea played their final Premier League game of the season yesterday ending with a 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa. When Bertrand Traoré scored Aston Villa’s first goal, Edouard Mendy injured his rib in an attempt to make the save.
With the Champions League final less than a week away, there is some concern as to whether Mendy will be fit to start or not. Earlier today, Thomas Tuchel provided an update on Mendy’s injury during a press conference.
This should provide some optimism to Blues fans as they all know how crucial Mendy has been to this squad. Many would consider him to be a large reason why Chelsea are in this position.
Latest Chelsea News
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Thomas Tuchel heaps praise on improving Saul Niguez
- Antonio Rudiger’s career at crossroads – Chelsea ready to fight Real Madrid to retain their star defender
- Chelsea’s January Fixtures Schedule
- Chelsea vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Chelsea beats Aston Villa in penalties and advances to EFL Cup 4th round
- Chelsea grab three points in group stage game against Zenit
- Chelsea sign Saul minutes before the transfer deadline
- Chelsea nearly sweeps UEFA awards
- Lukaku scores in second Chelsea debut