Jadon Sancho is one phenomenal player who is on Chelsea’s radar once again. Latest reports suggest the Blues could capitalize on the opportunity as Borussia Dortmund could sell the England international at a price near 80 million euros. Sancho’s potential addition to this Chelsea squad would come with numerous benefits.
As of now, it has been said that Thomas Tuchel will be looking to use a variation of the 4-2-4 formation for the upcoming season. That would mean Sancho would be in a more advanced role on either the left-wing or right-wing.
So far this season, Sancho has played 4 different positions for Borussia Dortmund. His best performances have come while playing on the right-wing, with 5 goals and 10 assists in 14 matches.
Under Tuchel, there have been some goal-scoring issues with the front line. Sancho’s great playmaking ability would fix some of these issues and make the Chelsea attack far more lethal.
Another addition of a winger to the squad would also bring along some healthy competition. Assuming none of the wingers depart this summer, the Blues would have four wingers in their squad: Callum Hudson-Odoi, Christian Pulisic, Hakim Ziyech, and Jadon Sancho. This competition would keep a positive motivation between these four players and maintain a high-intensity level throughout the season.
Some might say Jadon Sancho might be overrated or that his price tag is far too high. But in hindsight, it would be a great investment. He is only 21 years old and his game is progressing rapidly. It will only be a matter of time before Sancho begins to appear as a Ballon d’Or candidate.
Additionally, the England international has ties to the Blues in the past. Sancho grew up in Kensington, South London, and admitted to being a Chelsea fan as a boy in an interview.
Overall, the potential addition of Jadon Sancho to this Chelsea squad would solve a lot of the team’s issues. Despite his youth, he is already so skilled and will only get better from here on out barring any major injuries. Sancho’s high price tag would be well worth the money as he would immediately make this team a lot better.
Jadon Sancho could be the key to this Chelsea squad winning the Premier League for the third time in seven seasons, and sixth time overall.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Thomas Tuchel names Matthijs de Ligt his top defensive target
- Chelsea’s Road To FA Cup Final – Can Thomas Tuchel end Liverpool’s quadruple bid?
- Chelsea Week Recap: From Pyrrhic Champions League win to FA Cup semi-final & Transfer updates
- Chelsea Transfer News: Defenders out, Hazard back, Werner-Gnabry swap?
- Chelsea April 2022 Preview: four London derbies awaiting Thomas Tuchel’s side
- Thomas Tuchel Rules Chelsea Out of Premier League Title Race
- Did Chelsea Make Mistake By Sitting Out January Transfer Window?
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Thomas Tuchel heaps praise on improving Saul Niguez