Hakim Ziyech could leave Chelsea after spending a single year at the club, particularly in light of his lack of understanding with new boss Thomas Tuchel.
As reported by Calciomercato, Tuchel’s arrival at the helm has had ‘huge side effects’ on the Morocco international.
Although the German has managed to bring a handful of players back on track, the 28-year-old has not been one of them.
Ziyech was one of Frank Lampard’s marquee signings last summer, having arrived from Ajax for a reported fee of €44million.
Unfortunately, several injury setbacks have obstructed the winger’s efforts to settle in the new environment.
Additionally, the left-footed forward has struggled to adapt to physically demanding Premier League football, making just 12 league starts this season.
Despite his recent strikes against Atletico Madrid and Sheffield United in the Champions League and FA Cup, respectively, most of Ziyech’s first-team opportunities came under Lampard.
Indeed, he has made just seven competitive starts during Tuchel’s early reign at Stamford Bridge, often failing to find his rhythm under the German manager.
The managerial shift in London could push Ziyech away, with a parting of the ways come the summer transfer window looking increasingly likely.
No interested parties have been mentioned in the report, but the versatile forward had a host of clubs admiring him prior to his move to Chelsea.
There is no doubt that the Blues will look to recoup most of the amount they paid to sign Ziyech from Ajax should the Moroccan decides to sever ties with the club at the end of the season.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea grab three points in group stage game against Zenit
- Chelsea sign Saul minutes before the transfer deadline
- Chelsea nearly sweeps UEFA awards
- Lukaku scores in second Chelsea debut
- Chelsea win the Super Cup
- Chelsea rejects several loan approaches for Broja
- West Ham in talks with Chelsea for Ross Barkley
- Guehi nears a permanent move to Crystal Palace
- Chelsea players return for pre-season training
- Bakayoko is likely to permanently join AC Milan