Hakim Ziyech could leave Chelsea after spending a single year at the club, particularly in light of his lack of understanding with new boss Thomas Tuchel.
As reported by Calciomercato, Tuchel’s arrival at the helm has had ‘huge side effects’ on the Morocco international.
Although the German has managed to bring a handful of players back on track, the 28-year-old has not been one of them.
Ziyech was one of Frank Lampard’s marquee signings last summer, having arrived from Ajax for a reported fee of €44million.
Unfortunately, several injury setbacks have obstructed the winger’s efforts to settle in the new environment.
Additionally, the left-footed forward has struggled to adapt to physically demanding Premier League football, making just 12 league starts this season.
Despite his recent strikes against Atletico Madrid and Sheffield United in the Champions League and FA Cup, respectively, most of Ziyech’s first-team opportunities came under Lampard.
Indeed, he has made just seven competitive starts during Tuchel’s early reign at Stamford Bridge, often failing to find his rhythm under the German manager.
The managerial shift in London could push Ziyech away, with a parting of the ways come the summer transfer window looking increasingly likely.
No interested parties have been mentioned in the report, but the versatile forward had a host of clubs admiring him prior to his move to Chelsea.
There is no doubt that the Blues will look to recoup most of the amount they paid to sign Ziyech from Ajax should the Moroccan decides to sever ties with the club at the end of the season.
Latest Chelsea News
- Chelsea in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Chelsea Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Chelsea Stars Who Loved Playing Poker
- Chelsea vs Wolverhampton Wanderers Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea vs Red Bull Salzburg Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea v Arsenal Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How To Stream
- Chelsea’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Thomas Tuchel names Matthijs de Ligt his top defensive target
- Chelsea’s Road To FA Cup Final – Can Thomas Tuchel end Liverpool’s quadruple bid?
- Chelsea Week Recap: From Pyrrhic Champions League win to FA Cup semi-final & Transfer updates